May 11-14, 2017 in Anchorage, Alaska
On the sidelines of the Arctic Council Ministerial in Fairbanks, Anchorage will host a number of unique activities. These are designed to celebrate the state’s Arctic, share that Arctic with community members, and attract visitors from other Arctic states to learn, exchange and build. The events include:
- Innovate Arctic (May 12) – Registration for Innovate Arctic is $95
- Ministerial Watch Party, Museum Exhibits and Public Panel Discussions (May 11-14) – free to attend
- Arts, Crafts and Culture Expo (May 13-14) – free to attend
- Circumpolar Film Festival (May 12-14) – register for weekend pass
- Arctic Dance Party (May 12 and 13) – register for weekend pass
- Local and Northern Food and Beer Tasting (May 13) – register ahead or pay at the gate
The Watch Party, panel discussions, and Arts & Crafts expo are all free to attend, and Museum fees waived on Saturday and Sunday.
Registration for the Film Festival and Dance Party is part of the $20 weekend pass. There is a $10 cover charge if ticketed onsite.
At the Local and Northern Foods Garden, four co-created dishes featuring international chefs and local foods will be $10, with 50% of the proceeds going to Alaska Food Policy Council.
The Beer Garden will have a flat fee of $45 for a sample of all taps.